Anniversaries are special days. Markers to celebrate specific events. A day set aside to pause, reflect, and remember a time and place where something occurred that marked a significant moment.
Today I am wishing my parents, Dean and Linda Crawford, a happy 48th wedding anniversary. What an example they have been to their seven children of true, unconditional commitment.
I’m so thankful they often chose peace over being right, long term love over short term trials, and a stable home for their children over their own immediate needs. I am incredibly blessed to have them as my parents.
They have modeled so much for their children creating a legacy that has unlimited value:
- Starting and running several businesses showed us that the American entrepreneurial spirit creates freedom.
- Instilling principles of living for others through their service in the community, Lions Clubs, and churches.
- The love of travel from camping to cruises to trekking through England, Scotland and Wales, Canada and more.
- Creating adventure on motorcycles, 4wheelers, unique cars or even just card and board games.
- The desire for knowledge and passion for reading and learning.
- Dedication to our community as they opened their home, dinner table, and arms to anyone in need.
- Living out the commitment that you don’t throw people away when they reveal their humanity…you forgive and go on.
- Inspiration through stories of Famous Amos, Zig Ziglar, Helen Keller, and everyday heroes like Resvie Wheeler.
- Appreciation for music, from bluegrass to country, folk songs to Gospel…every artist was appreciated.
- Nurturing their castle, though meager at times…there are always gardens and flowers and plenty of family photos.
- Commitment to family as we watched them honor and care for their own parents.
And so many more things that have helped shape my philosophies about life and relationships.
Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad, I am incredibly blessed to be your daughter and to have lived in your shadow. You are truly great people individually and an amazing team as a couple.
I love you,